Service IT Australia
Rheem’s Gas Hot Water System
Rheem offers storage water heaters ranging from 190 litres to over 305 litres, in its 4-Star, 5-Star, Stellar and RheemPlus marques; and also continuous flow from 12 to 27 litres in the Metro and Pronto marques (all available in Melbourne). Some are also hybrid, able to use both gas and electric power. Most can handle either LPG or natural gas, and several products come with warranties of up to 10 years.
For all types and units that Rheem offers, Service It provides expert gas hot water system repairs and maintenance services.
Service and Repairs
While built to be sturdy, Rheem units do need regular attention via a reliable expert hot water service provider. If your Rheem Gas-Based Storage Hot Water System is pouring cold water over your needs, here could be some reasons why:
- You may have turned off the gas, or there’s a blockage in the gas pipe leading to the heater (very dangerous).
- The pilot may have blown out, or its light might have burnt.
- The thermocouple, which is a safety device, is damaged. Its job is to cut the gas off if the pilot blows out.
These parts along with the pilot injector should be replaced every two years. Barring that, you can always turn to Service It’s Rheem hot water services in Melbourne to really be sure.
Yours might be in need of changing.
- The thermostat (i.e. the gas control) may have burned out.
- The PTR valve on the side of your storage unit is designed to release pressure. It must be replaced every 5 years and can cost you a lot of money in gas and water if it leaks.
- Over time, the pressures required for correct functioning might have dropped.
- After years of neglect, the Rheem heater might have died quietly.
Rheem Continuous-Flow Gas Water Systems may have other problems:
- The ignition isn’t working: for a continuous system, you need an electric connection to spark the gas all the time.
- The heater may have overheated (and automatic off switches may kick in). Switch off the heater and wait for a few minutes.
- Not enough gas is reaching the heater – so check your gas supply mains.
- An internal part might have worn and torn, needing to be replaced.
- Or the heater just gave up its life, after years of service that went unnoticed.
If you encounter any of these issues, don’t troubleshoot your Rheem gas hot water heater. Let the professionals like our experts in Service It do it.
Electric Hot Water System
Suitable for every Australian home, they come in a really wide range, with warranties of up to 12 years, an extensive service network and up to 6-star energy ratings.
The RheemPlus and Stellar sub-brand of storage heaters range from 50 to 315 litres, and can serve up to 6 people with hot water at a go. Products of the Compact sub-brand reliably supply 25 to 47 litres of hot water, suitable for your kitchen or laundry. Alongside other marques, there is a Rheem Electric Water Heater for every Melbourne home to be centrally supplied with hot water at any time of day.
Service and Repairs
Despite their solidity, over time and especially if they have not been regularly serviced, Rheem Electric Water Heaters might give a few problems, like:
- The thermostat having failed, leading to either no heat or overheating
- The fuse or circuit breaker has gone off, needing replacement
- The heating element (anode) has weathered away (usually due to deposit of salt)
- There are problems with the electric metre
- The tank is leaky, which can be because of unexpected rust or other causes
- It’s just time up for the System
Solar Hot Water System
Built in the Collectors, Loline and Hiline marques (both available in Melbourne), these are not only good for the environment too, but also make sure you have hot water even when there isn’t enough sunshine.
Available in both non-frost and frost-protected models, they range from 160 to 300 litres, with some of them fitted with a gas booster. They can be roof-mounted or in the yard, and can supply more than one point, like your kitchen and bathrooms.
Service and Repairs
While your Rheem Solar Water Heater can take care of not getting enough sunshine, there are some places it needs your care too:
- The thermostat may need changing
- The solar cells may need cleaning or removal of deposits on them
- The tank may need inspecting for leaks
- The heating element may need replacing
- Or the whole system may need a dignified funeral after serving you for decades
Why Call Service It Australia To Fix Your Rheem Hot Water System
While DIY repairs are tempting since they seem quick (no waiting) and cheap (no fees), do not attempt to troubleshoot your Rheem gas hot water heater on your own. You will likely miss out on a number of things a trained and certified professional won’t, such as: checking the pressure relief valves, checking the cleaning solar panels, thermistors, frost valves, the thermostat and heating element, cleaning the tanks, checking on the gas boosters and circulation pumps etc.
They can also offer you the best terms on spare parts along with the relevant guarantees and warranties. Finally, some repairs are prohibited under Victoria and Melbourne state safety regulations, unless you have the requisite training and certification.
Avail of our Rheem Hot Water Services every five years to keep it in its optimal condition.
This can make sure you extend its life for many more years, reliably giving you hot water at the temperature you like, day after day.
Service It Australia’s technicians not only have the requisite technical expertise and certifications, but will also educate you on regular maintenance of your Rheem Hot Water System, safety precautions and how to spot problems, so that you don’t find your plans of a refreshing bath drowned in cold water one rainy day.
CONTACT US TODAY TO SEE HOW WE CAN HELP WITH YOUR RHEEM SYSTEM