Service It Can Test & Inspect Your Home Gas Leaks
So You Can Have Peace Of Mind
Similar to how a leaky faucet or running toilet is of concern to you, small gas leaks can also contribute to decreasing your home’s efficiency as well as cost you more money in the long run. Some gas leaks, however, can cause much bigger issues and need to be identified and fixed before they become dangerous.
We Provide Gas Leaks Detection Services for Residents in Melbourne
Service It, in its efforts and concern to keep the residents of Melbourne safe, provides Gas leak detection services to check on gas lines for both domestic and commercial customers..
Contact Service It to Detect & Prevent Gas Leaks
There are many instances when home or business owners are already smelling gas in their house or property but could not report on it because of the difficulty to find the exact source of the gas leak.
This is why contacting Service It at the first sign or indication of gas leaks would be the best and safest option for you.
Why You Need Gas Leak Testing
Gas leaks are incredibly dangerous and must be addressed as soon as they happen. They present a significant amount of risk to everyone in the vicinity and even has the potential to cause a devastating level of property damage.
On a lesser, but still relevant point, gas leaks can also impact your finances and can also cause a lot of inconveniences. Not to mention the legal issues that could crop up should the worst happen.
- Health Risks – Gas leaks can cause a wide variety of debilitating symptoms to occur, which include difficulty breathing, severe heart palpitation, headaches, eye irritation, nausea, chest pain, and many more. If the leak is substantial enough and the people in the home are asleep, the consequences could be more deadly.
- Fire Hazard – Gas leaks can be highly flammable affairs. All it takes is a single spark and flames could start spreading around the home. Even with the presence of fire suppression systems, the resulting damage could still involve large expenses for repairs.
- Rising Costs – Speaking of expenses, gas leaks can come in all shapes and sizes. In some cases, the leak can be minuscule as to be difficult to detect, especially if it is in areas that are sealed off like walls and floors. This could then lead to wastage, which would then increase your gas costs.
- Legal Trouble – Last but not least, if you are already aware that there is a gas leak and have not done anything about it, which resulted in property damage that affected other people, you could be facing legal issues.
Signs that You Have a Gas Leak
In an ideal world, gas leak testing is supposed to be done before signs and symptoms start occurring. However, this isn’t always the case. As such, it helps to know what to look out for to determine if you have a possible gas leak.
- Bad Smell – Gas typically smells of rotten eggs, sulphur, or methane. When you smell something like that when you enter a room, check your gas immediately. This could also indicate that something had died in your immediate area, of course. But it pays to be careful.
- Hissing – Leaks often happen with the gas escaping through small gaps or holes. Naturally, this would produce a hissing sound thanks to the pressure pushing the gas out of the tiny opening. By listening to such a sound from time to time, you could catch a leak early.
- Dead Plants – Dead or dying plant life is not only a good indication of a gas leak but it could also pinpoint where the leak is. Just follow the husks to the source.
- Physical Symptoms – If any of the physical symptoms mentioned in the previous section occur for no discernable reason, a gas leak is likely the culprit.
- Increasing Costs – If your gas bills are rising but you haven’t changed your usage, a leak could be the cause. Having your pipes tested for leaks could save you more than you spend.
CONTACT SERVICE IT FOR THE BEST GAS LEAK TESTING SERVICE AND WE’LL FULFILL YOUR NEEDS
WHY SERVICE IT IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR GAS LEAK TESTING
Service IT guarantees high-quality, professional gas leak testing services with the most reasonable prices in Melbourne. Our team has the experience, skills, and equipment to ensure the safety of you, your family and your property by finding and addressing gas leaks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is gas leak testing really necessary?
Due to all of the terrible things that could happen if a gas leak isn’t found and addressed as soon as possible, a gas leak test is definitely necessary.
How often should I have gas leak testing done?
For newer homes with recently-installed and tested gas pipes, once a year is enough. For older homes, it could be twice or three times per year.
Can I test for gas leaks on my own?
If simply to confirm that there is a leak, which could then prompt you to contact professional testers, then yes.
Can I have gas leak testing done even without the signs?
As long as you follow your regular gas leak testing schedule, you should be fine. However, if you believe that there is a reason for it, even without the obvious signs, then there’s no reason not to.
Do old houses need gas leak testing?
It’s always better to be safe than sorry. If the house is more than 20 years old, have the pipes checked for leaks.